We do everything we can to safeguard your privacy and therefore treat personal data with care. In all cases, the organisation will comply with the applicable legislation and regulations, including the General Data Protection Regulation. This implies that we are in any case:
- Processing of your personal data is limited to those data which are required as a minimum for the purposes for which they are processed;
- Ask for your explicit consent if we need it for the processing of your personal data;
- have taken appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of your personal data;
- Do not pass on personal data to other parties, unless this is necessary for the execution of the purposes for which they were provided;
- Be aware of your rights with regard to your personal data, want to draw your attention to this and respect it.
Processing of personal data of members
Personal data of members are processed by EALE for the following purpose(s):
- Administrative purpose.
- Communication on EALE news through the EALE Newsletter and or Call for Papers.
- Execution or issuing your subscription access to the electronic issues of Labour Economics, the official journal of the EALE.
For the above purposes, EALE may request the following personal information from you:
- First name, Insertion,Surname
- E-mail address
Your personal data will be stored by EALE for the purpose of the aforementioned processings for the period of your personal membership. We will ask for your written consent.
During the term of the agreement and afterwards only in the financial administration for a maximum of 5 years.
Provision to third parties
We may provide the information you provide to us to Elsevier (publisher), since this is necessary for issuing your subscription access to the electronic issues of Labour Economics, the official journal of the EALE.
We never pass on personal data to other parties with whom we have not concluded a processor’s agreement. We will, of course, make the necessary arrangements with these parties (processors) to guarantee the security of your personal data. Furthermore, we will not provide the information provided by you to other parties, unless required and permitted to do so by law.
Within the EU
We do not provide any personal data to parties established outside the EU.
EALE does not store personal data for longer than is necessary for the purpose for which they were provided or for which they are required by law.
We have taken appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data against unlawful processing; for example, we have taken the following measures;
- All persons who can access your data on behalf of EALE are bound by the obligation of confidentiality;
- We have a username and password policy on all our systems;
- We pseudonymise and encrypt personal data if there is reason to do so;
- We make backups of the personal data in order to be able to recover them in the event of physical or technical incidents;
- We test and evaluate our measures on a regular basis;
- Our employee has been informed about the importance of the protection of personal data.
Rights concerning your data
You have the right to inspect, correct or have your personal data deleted we have received from you. You can also object to the processing of your personal data (or a part thereof) by us or by one of our processors. You also have the right to have the data provided by you transferred by us to yourself or on your instructions directly to another party. We may ask you to identify yourself before we can respond to the above requests.
If we are allowed to process your personal data on the basis of your consent to do so, you are always entitled to withdraw this consent.
Complaints or questions
If you have a complaint about the processing of your personal data or any questions/comments regarding our privacy statement, please contact us directly.
European Association of Labour Economists
School of Business and Economics/ROA
PO Box 616
6200 MD Maastricht