The submission deadline is December 1, 2019 at 23:59 Greenwich Mean Time
Call for papers
Join us in Berlin for the 5th International conference of EALE, SOLE and AASLE and submit your paper.
We are pleased to invite labour economists from all over the world to submit papers for presentations at the EALE/SOLE/AASLE World Meeting in Berlin 25-27 June 2020. Please submit your full paper through the paper submission site: Paper submission (open on September 3, 2019).
In addition, there will be invited, parallel and poster sessions and flash talk presentations.
The conference will take place at hotel Titanic, the hotel Berlin Mitte and the headquarter of the German Leibnitz Association, all located next to each other and in the former East Berlin.
Instructions for paper submission
You are invited to submit papers for this conference according to the list of themes below. A scientific program committee will evaluate all submitted papers. Papers should be submitted electronically using the online submission form. Please take into account that your paper can be assigned by the program chairs to either a poster, parallel or flash talk session. The paper submission site will open on September 1, 2019. The submission deadline is December 1, 2019 at 23:59 Greenwich Mean Time. Papers must be submitted on-line.
Please note that:
- No more than one submission by the same author will be considered.
- To each paper an abstract must be added.
- Both your abstract and complete paper should be submitted through the electronic submission process.
- Only complete (draft) papers will be considered.
- Complete all the required fields and enclose your complete paper as one pdf file (no tables, figures, etc. as separate files).
- You will receive a confirmation e-mail message after your submission has been completed. If you do not receive this message or you receive an empty message then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Acceptance decisions will be communicated by February 1, 2020.
- Accepted papers will only be included in the final programme if presenting authors have registered by March 15, 2020.
- Each participant may present at most one paper but may be a co-author of more than one paper in the programme.
Special conference issue of Labour Economics
Authors of an accepted paper for this conference (either a poster or parallel presentation) will be invited shortly after the conference to submit their accepted and presented paper again for publication in the annual Conference Volume of the journal Labour Economics.
Young Economist Award
We grant an award of € 500 for an outstanding paper selected by a Scientific Committee. Researchers who have not completed their PhD yet, or have completed their PhD within three calendar years before the end of June 2020, are eligible for this Prize. Please note that your paper should be single authored. If you meet the eligibility conditions and wish to be considered for the award, please tick the corresponding box on the paper submission form.
Best Poster Awards
In addition to the Young Economist Award, we will grant prizes for the best poster(s) as well. All actual presented posters will be automatically considered for the best poster award(s).
List of main topics (subtopics available on submission site)
- Economics of the Family
- Child Development and Labour Economics
- Labour Supply
- Education and Human Capital
- Race & Gender & LGBT
- Labour Demand
- Skills, Income and Wage Inequality
- Employer/Employee Matching, Job Mobility, and Wages
- Labour Economics and Policy
- Social Insurance and the Labour Market
- Regional Labour Markets
- Cyclical Fluctuations and the Labour Market
- Personnel Economics and the Employment Relationship
- Health Issues in Labour Economics
- Econometric Methods and Measurement Issues
- Intergenerational Mobility
- Occupational Choice
- Job Satsifaction
- Unions and Industrial Relations
- Labour Markets and Crime
- Labour Markets in Less Developed Countries
- Environmental Issues and the Labour Markets
- Other topics in Labour Economics
EALE: Margo Romans, Maastricht University, e-mail: email@example.com
SOLE: Maggie Newman, University of Chicago, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
AASLE: Zhi Hao LIM, National University Singapore, e-mail: email@example.com